PTFE Flexible Connectors (Teflon)
Siftex PTFE flexible connectors are safe for direct food contact and provide outstanding resistance to aggressive cleaning practices. Our selection of PTFE fabrics and flexible laminate films gives you the choice of breathable or dust-tight media.
Typical problems customers face when using flexible connectors:
- Harsh chemicals
- Extreme temperatures
- Abrasive materials
- Outdoor exposure, UV
- Moisture, mildew and rot
- Hard to clean, sticky materials
PTFE Sleeves are the Answer!
- Excellent resistance to chemical attack
- Outstanding abrasion resistance
- Moisture resistance, Won’t mildew or rot
- Non-stick and easy to clean
- Flex fatigue resistance
PTFE Woven Fabric
PTFE Woven fabrics are woven from expanded PTFE (Polytetrafluoroethylene), the most chemically and UV-radiation resistant yarn available. The release properties of PTFE act to help prevent build-up of contaminants, and also enables easy cleaning of the fabric. Years of outdoor exposure will not deteriorate the fabric as solar radiation will not weaken the yarn, nor will salt water, atmospheric pollutants, mold or mildew.
Siftex offers two types of 100% PTFE woven materials. Both are white and food-grade per applicable US and EC regulations.
- PTFE Woven Fabric
- PTFE Woven (Teflex®) Laminate
Our PTFE Laminate Film connectors have non-stick surfaces, resist most processing chemicals and can operate continuously at 600°F/316°C. The proprietary cross-laminated structure makes them resistant to tearing, and they are FDA, 3-A and EC compliant for food contact.
FDA-acceptable, non-stick, very flexible laminated film with outstanding resistance to harsh chemicals and solvents. Immune to outdoor environments and environmental aging. Ideal for use with harsh C-I-P chemicals and extreme temperatures.
PTFE (Teflon®) Laminate
|Available in 15.3 oz/sq. yd. (520 g/sq. m.) fabric weight||Available in 12 oz/sq. yd fabric with a 1 mil laminated coating of PTFE. The resulting fabric is virtually dust-tight.||Available in the following wall thicknesses:Lightweight – .005″ (0.133 mm)Standard– .009″ (0.23 mm)
Heavyweight – .020″ (0.51 mm)
* Also available in other thicknesses,
1duct Flexible Ducting
1duct is a PTFE flexible ducting product for all your needs and for any environment. 1duct is the most versatile duct on the marketplace and can be used in a wide range of challenging chemical applications and serves as an excellent barrier product in pressure service.
- Corrosion Free
- Upper temperature of 600° F/316°C
- 6 to 1 compression ratio
- Extreme flexibility
- Wear-resistant metal ring exterior
- Excellent non-flammability properties
- Zero-porosity PTFE flexible component
- Can include a static-dissipative surface
Texseal™ Gaskets for PTFE Connectors
Texseal™ Gasket Tape is a widely tested and proven way to seal liquids and gases of any kind in wet or dry service.
The highly fibrillated expanded PTFE exhibits excellent flexibility, compressibility and stability under high temperatures and high tensile strength. The chemically inert product resists creep relaxation and maintains a seal at extreme temperatures. Texseal™ Gasket Tape is a flat sealant designed for surfaces requiring a strip or full-face gasket.
- 1/2” x 1/16” -> 50ft (12.7mm x 1.58mm ->15.2m)
- 1/4”-> 50FT(6.35mm -> 15.2m)
- 3/8”-> 25FT, 50FT, 100FT (9.5mm -> 7.6m, 15.2m, 30.4m)
- 1/2”-> 15FT, 100FT(12.7mm -> 4.57m, 30.4m)
- 5/8”-> 15FT (15.8mm -> 4.57m)
- 3/4”-> 15FT (19.05mm -> 4.57m)
- 1”-> 15FT (25.4mm -> 4.57m)
- PTFE Woven Technical Data Sheet (PDF)
- PTFE (Teflex®) Woven Laminate Technical Data Sheet (PDF)
- PTFE (Teflon®) Laminate Technical Data Sheet (PDF)
- Texseal™ Gasket Tape Technical Data Sheet (PDF)
- 1duct Flexible Ducting Technical Data Sheet (PDF)
Contact Luc De Clercq distributor or Siftex sales representative to order standard or custom PTFE products.
HTB bvba is exclusief verdeler van SIFTEX Equipment Corporation in BENELUX.
Dit Amerikaans bedrijf is gespecialiseerd in flexibele verbindingen en toebehoren.
“De betere verbinding !”
Luc De Clercq
Sales Manager Europe
Mobil :+32 (0)473 66 22 57